Stop trying to find yourself. Create the woman you want to be.

2013- Happy Family from Taking Action

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Batty Banner Take Two


Batty Banner

I am still in the process of decorating my mantle because I simply love love love having the ability to start decorating for the holidays. Being low on cash I decided to use what I had on hand.

 Supplies:
  • 3-4 cardboard boxes like frozen pizza or cracker boxes
  • stencils of a bat, rat and raven printed off the computer
  •  black paint -I used spray paint because that's what was on hand but acrylic will work
  •  electrical tape or string to tie your animals together and string on the mantle







I traced the stencil onto the cardboard boxes and cut them out. I ended up cutting out five bats and only one rat and one raven because they were just a real pain in the butt. Of course that could be because I only had kid scissors to cut them with.

My helper  here sprayed them all black.




Once they dried (mostly) I strung the bats together with electrical tape.









I decided that the rat and raven could be used elsewhere on the mantel.






Your imagination is your limit. You could do pumpkins or witch's hats. 

Happy Halloween!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment